Attention!! Your account can be hacked due to this one mistake on Whatsapp
stay safe like this
The more popular WhatsApp is, the more dangerous it has become. There are many such cyber scams every day, which cause a lot of damage to the user. One such scam is the verification code scam. Let’s learn more about it……
- A new cyber scam is running onWhatsAppm
- Verification code scam will message you in the name of friend
- Beware of the message related to the verification code
New Delhi. With the dependence of people on the Internet and social media, the figures of cyber theft are also increasing continuously. While social media is making things a lot simpler, this cyber theft is putting the user’s image, his money and even his life in danger. Cybercrime on WhatsApp has increased a lot these days. One such cyber scam is hacking people’s WhatsApp accounts in the name of verification code scam. Let us know how this can be avoided…
- What is this verification code scam
These days this cyber scam is causing harm to many people. Under the guise of this scam, many people give their WhatsApp accounts to hackers. Scammers are not only hacking people’s accounts through WhatsApp’s verification code, but to do so, they throw dust in the eyes of the user in the name of the user’s family and friends.
- How is this scam done?
Let us know how this verification code scam works.
- You will receive a message from WhatsApp which will
- contain a 6 digit code which is a two-factor authentication code to log in to WhatsApp.
- In this message it will be written that you do not share this code with anyone else.
- After this you will get a message from the number of your friend or relative that they have sent you their 6 digit verification code by mistake.
- He will tell you that he needs this code immediately and you send this code back to him.
- Here the hacker is messaging you as your relative or friend and all this is part of this scam.
how can you protect yourself
If you get any such message, do not pay any attention to it and report or block that number immediately. Do not share any such code with anyone.
You should know that WhatsApp never sends a person’s verification code to a number other than his or her number. So this kind of message is an attempt to hack your account.