the new feature users are shocked, said – this did not happen
WhatsApp New Feature Update: WhatsApp has rolled out end-to-end encrypted chat backup for iOS and Android users. This feature will keep your chats secure. Let us know how it will work..
- Whatsapp launched new feature.
- Whatsapp rolls out end-to-end encrypted chat backup.
- This feature came for iOS and Android users.
New Delhi. WhatsApp New Feature Update: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on Thursday announced that WhatsApp has finally rolled out end-to-end encrypted chat backups for iOS and Android users. End-to-End Encrypted Chat Backups) has started rolling out. Let’s know about it…
- Now your chats on Whatsapp will be safe
If users wish, this feature will enable an optional layer of security for their iCloud and Google Drive accounts. The popular Facebook-owned messaging application said, “By rolling this out, we have completed the final step in providing a complete end-to-end encrypted messaging experience.”
He added, ‘Now you can protect your end-to-end encrypted backups with a password of your choice or a 64-digit encryption key that only you know. Neither WhatsApp nor your backup service provider will be able to read your backup or access the key required to unlock it.
- How to create an end-to-end encrypted backup:
– Tap on Chats > Chat Backup > End-to-End Encrypted Backup.
– Tap Continue, then follow the prompts to create a password or key.
– Tap Done, and wait for WhatsApp to create your end-to-end encrypted backup. You may need to connect to a power source.
Note: If you lose your WhatsApp chats and forget your password or key, you will not be able to restore your backup. WhatsApp cannot reset your password or restore your backup for you.
- How to turn off end-to-end encrypted backups:
– Tap Chats > Chat Backup > End-to-End Encrypted Backup.
– Tap on Turn Off.
– Enter your password.
– Confirm that you want to turn off encrypted backup by tapping Turn Off.