The most important thing in the cabinet expansion was to change the responsibility of the important ministries. The most important thing is also that the ministries which were the most eye of the country during the Corona period of last two years, have now been given in new hands.
Responsibility changed after the expansion of the Union Cabinet
Ministry of Railways, Education, Health gets new ministers
The first and major cabinet reshuffle of the second term of the Narendra Modi government has happened. In this new team of PM Modi, many young, professional faces have got a chance, while some ministers have also got leave. The most important thing in the cabinet expansion was to change the responsibility of the important ministries.
The most important thing is also that the ministries which were the most eye of the country during the Corona period of last two years, have now been given in new hands.
- Ministry of Health…(Health Ministry) The most important role during the Corona period was with the Ministry of Health. Whatever is happening in the country for the last one and a half years, the Health Ministry has also been at the center of it. But now Dr Harsh Vardhan has been shown the way out of the cabinet. The way the central government was questioned during the second wave of Corona, it damaged the image of the Modi government not only in the country but also abroad, so its effect was shown in the cabinet expansion. Now Mansukh Mandaviya has been given the responsibility of the Ministry of Health. Mansukh Mandaviya played an important role in the matter of oxygen supply during the Corona period and emphasized on immediate supply in different parts of the country. When the country is standing at the mouth of the third wave of Corona, then there will be many challenges in front of the new Health Minister.
- Ministry of Education… There was a lot of impact in the education sector during the Corona period, schools are almost closed for the last one and a half years. Children are studying at home, full emphasis has gone on online education. In such a situation, the most important role in the Corona period was also of the Ministry of Education. But now Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has been discharged from this ministry. Be it board examinations or any other competitive examination, from social media to road, during the Corona period, students had raised questions on the attitude of the government. In such a situation, Dharmendra Pradhan has now been given the responsibility of the Ministry of Education. Prior to this, he had the Petroleum Ministry. Dharmendra Pradhan will now face the challenge of rebuilding the difficult education sector during the Corona period and implementing the new education policy.
- Ministry of Labor… The first difficulty that came to the fore during the Corona period was related to the exodus of migrant workers. Since then, lockdown has been taking place at different places from time to time, in such a situation the issue of workers has always been in discussion. In this new team of Modi government, the responsibility of labor ministry has also been changed, Santosh Gangwar has been discharged and now Bhupendra Yadav has got the responsibility of labor-employment ministry. Bhupendra Yadav is considered an election strategist and is also close to Modi-Shah. In such a situation, in the Corona era, when the biggest concern is about employment, then at such a juncture, this important ministry has come to Bhupendra Yadav.
- Petroleum Ministry… (Petroliam Ministry) In the last few times, there has been a historic increase in the prices of petrol and diesel, the common people have been hit by inflation in the midst of a broken economy during the Corona period. The responsibility of the Ministry of Petroleum has also been given in new hands, now Hardeep Puri will take over the responsibility of the Ministry of Petroleum. Earlier this ministry was with Dharmendra Pradhan. The challenge in front of Hardeep Puri will be to save the image of the government in the midst of rising petrol-diesel prices and emphasize on paths like solar-natural energy.
- Ministry of Railways… (Railway Ministry) The Railways, which is considered to be the lifeline of India, has now got a new boss. In the cabinet expansion, the Railway Ministry has been taken away from Piyush Goyal, while now former officer Ashwini Vaishnav has been given this responsibility. During the exodus of migrant workers, the railways played an important role, besides the railways played an important role in the supply of goods. Now the challenge before the new minister will be to take the railways to a new level, to convert PM Modi’s dream of bullet train into reality.